Awards Season Feature Post

Awards Season 2015-16 Scoreboard

Carol Keeping a tally of the (wins/nominations) for this year's awards season. Scroll down way below to see which Awards are being...

Jan 11, 2014

Golden Globe Awards 2014 Predictions


Well, Golden Globe Awards are taking place this Sunday so I guess it is time for me to share my predictions. I am never really excited about this particular ceremony but well, they are still an important part of the awards season. I actually love their choices this time a lot but the credit for that goes entirely to the amazing films of 2013 not the HFPA. So "12 Years a Slave", "Gravity" and "American Hustle" are the IT films. While I have a tiny bit doubt in my mind, still I believe HFPA is going to go with "Gravity" over "12 Years a Slave" while "American Hustle" is a done deal in the Comedy or Musical category. "Gravity" is also going to win 2 other awards. I also have doubts about the Comedy or Musical acting categories. You can't say no to Meryl Streep you know! I hope "12 Years a Slave" at the very least, get the screenplay prize as well because just 1 win for that film is going to look really bad. Best of luck to all the contenders.

Here are my predictions:

Best Picture – Drama: Gravity

Best Picture – Comedy or Musical: American Hustle


Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron (Gravity)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role – Drama: Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years a Slave)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role – Comedy or Musical: Leonardo DiCaprio (The Wolf of Wall Street)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role – Drama: Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role – Comedy or Musical: Amy Adams (American Hustle)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Jennifer Lawrence (American Hustle)

Best Screenplay: David O. Russell and Eric Singer (American Hustle)

Best Foreign Language Film: Blue Is the Warmest Colour

Best Animated Film: Frozen

Best Original Score: Steven Price (Gravity)

Best Original Song: "Let It Go", (Frozen)

No comments:

Post a Comment